4. Write an attractive ad - you have a very limited space to write your ad so you need to make each word count if you want your visitors to click through to your web site or landing page. Start with a clear headline, followed by benefit, feature then web address.
5. Use strong verbs in your ad - strong verbs link directly to the five senses–touch, sight, smell, sound, and taste–and to familiar emotions. They are short and personal: “run,” “fight,” “love,” “say.”
Weak verbs seem abstract and impersonal. They tend to be long words: “employ,” “postpone,” “construct.”
Here’s a comparison of weak and strong verbs:
Next time you visit the grocery store look at some of the headlines of popular magazines ie Cosmopolitan Magazine. They spend millions of dollars researching words which will attract readers. By using strong verbs in your ads your visitor will be more inclined to take action.
6. Write ads that have rhythm - ads that have a flow nice flow to them effect people in a better way than ones that don’t ie “simple self defense”
7. Set a daily budget - Google will recommend a specific amount to spend for each click. Don’t go with their recommendation as they probably have their own self interest in mind. Start with a smaller daily amount than what is suggested ie 5 cents per click and keep a eye on your CTR. Ads shown at the top of the page don’t necessarily produce the highest CTR. Aim for positions 6-8. Google will rotate your ads periodically so each one of them gets equal exposure.
8. Check on your ad regularly - when you first run your ad, check on it 3-4 times per day until you have got at least 50 clicks.
9. Refine your ads - discard those ads that are not producing a high click through rate. Continue editing those ads that work or create new ones within your same ad group until you find a winner. You can do this by using different combinations of keywords or trying different headlines.
10. Track your ads - track which ads produce the most clicks. The adtracker I recommend you use is Adtrackz:
This software allows you to create a different URL for each ad and tracks how many clicks you receive each day from placing the ad. You can also use the Google tracker that’s included with your AdWrords account, however it is not as powerful as Adtrackz and has much less features.
When you have created a winning ad (high CTR) adjust the landing page of your web site until you convert the visitors into buyers.
By mastering Google Adwords Ads, you can confidently expand your marketing campaign to include other PPC advertising companies ie Overture, FindWhat and also try offline advertising.
EzineArticles Expert Author Herman Drost
Herman Drost is the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) owner and author of http://www.iSiteBuild.com Affordable Web Site Design and Low Cost Web Hosting Subscribe to his “Marketing Tips” newsletter for more original articles. firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read more of his in-depth articles at: http://www.isitebuild.com/articles
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/